La Jolla Real Estate Homes & Condos
San Diego Home Sales website search offers all La Jolla homes for sale plus condos and foreclosure properties. You are able to get new property listings daily that meet your search criteria plus price reductions.
La Jolla, with a population of about 29,000, is a small beachfront community within the City of San Diego that has become one of California’s most popular resort towns. La Jolla boasts one of California's most beautiful coastlines and the perfect mix of hillside to capitalize on the view. It's all beautiful, sun-soaked most of the year, clean and safe, and there are many unique neighborhoods in La Jolla with different levels of prestige and real estate prices.
- Beach-Barber Tract - An area with much variance in terms of home styles is one of the more flavorful neighborhoods with an accompanying wide variance in home prices. Including Windansea Beach a world renowned beautiful small beach, this area features easy access to downtown La Jolla and Pacific Beach to the south. Homes range from $1 to $20+ million. This area does feature a good number of condo developments and there are some less pricey options due to that. Most condos range from $650k to $1.5 million.
- Bird Rock - One of the more modest locations in La Jolla, Bird Rock is a charming oceanside neighborhood with homes starting in the $1.5 million range and condos $500k and up.
- La Jolla Country Club - An area consisting mainly of slopes, hills, and canyon, the country club is an exclusive area with easy access to the village and surrounding areas.
- Hidden Valley - With the most easy freeway access in La Jolla and a beautifully lush foliage. Homes in this area start around 1.4 million and go up depending on view and lot size. Many homes exceed 5 million.
- La Jolla Alta - Some say this area possesses the most spectacular views in San Diego. From many homes you will see bay, ocean, and Downtown city light views all at once. La Jolla Alta is situated on the southern slope of Soledad Mountain.
- La Jolla Farms - An area once known for its equestrian flair, it is now known for having some of the most sprawling residences in La Jolla. Situated between UCSD and Black’s Beach, some amazing panoramic views can be had from homes perched on the beach overlooking cliffs. Homes generally range from 1.5 million to as much as 25 million.
- La Jolla Shores Heights - As the name implies homes in this area are overlooking the La Jolla Shores beach and surrounding areas. Most homes start in the $2 million range.
- La Jolla Mesa - This neighborhood possesses some of the most breathtaking views in La Jolla. Homes leading up the hill have views of Mission Bay, the ocean and onwards to Coronado and even Mexico on clear days. Most homes sell for 1.25 million and up.
- La Jolla North - This area is considered to be La Jolla, as it resides in the 92037 area code, but the separation from the beach gives it a more University Town Center feel. There are many condominium projects in this area and some homes as well. Prices start around $500k and aren’t likely to exceed 1.4 million.
- La Jolla Shores - The world famous La Jolla Shores beach, developed beginning in the early 1900s, consists of beautiful custom homes priced from 1.5 to 5 million mostly. This popular beach area also has a small business area down its Avenida De La Playa street featuring some great restaurants, the Beach and Tennis Club, and some specialty shops and office space.
- La Jolla Village - This area offers a more metropolitan appeal with its close proximity to many businesses and shopping malls. A popular residential choice for students attending UCSD. Easy access to I5 and the 805 freeway. There are very few homes in this area, which mostly consists of apartments, condominiums, and townhomes. Prices range from high $300k to around 1 million for select properties.
- Lower Hermosa - This small neighborhood of La Jolla is easily one of the most coveted locations. With many large and beautifully unique homes throughout this charming neighborhood from around 2 million to the beachfront homes perched on short cliffs with near private beaches beneath at 10, 20, and even 30 million dollars.
- Muirlands - Amazing views, tight winding roads, and beautiful landscaping help classify the Muirlands area as some of the most desirable real estate in La Jolla. Generally, the pricing escalates with elevation. Homes on the base of the hill are around 1.2 million, with homes at the top from 3-8 million mostly.
- Muirlands West - Just a small area compared to Muirlands in general, this area is great families due to its close proximity to schools for all grade levels. Homes range from 1.5 to 3 million in most cases.
- Soledad South - While mostly absent of ocean views, this neighborhood does offer views of downtown (city lights), Mission Bay, and the hills of La Jolla and Clairemont. Some exceptional homes for more affordable prices can be found in theses Southern hills of La Jolla.
- Upper Hermosa - Small just like its sister to the west and with the same variety of home styles. This area features great homes and is very quiet. Home prices are a bit lower than in Lower Hermosa but are still in the 1.5-4 million range.
- The Village in La Jolla (Downtown La Jolla) - The cultural and social heart of La Jolla, the village offers great food, great entertainment, plenty of boutique shopping and fun, upscale nightlife and the premier La Jolla hotels. All that and more can be yours for $500k+ for a condo in La Jolla or $1 Million and up for a home near the La Jolla village.
So many options, how to choose? Well, regardless of your decision you really can’t go wrong as becoming a resident of La Jolla guarantees that you'll be surrounded by beauty every day. This is San Diego real estate at its finest.
La Jolla Real Estate Articles, Relocation & News Information
Buying and Selling Real Estate in La Jolla - La Jolla is a popular town in Southern California....
The Cream of the Crop – Real Estate in La Jolla - The Cream of the Crop – Real Estate in La Jolla...
La Jolla…the Jewel of Southern California - Many people associate La Jolla with...
Newest La Jolla Real Estate Listings
Chic Contemporary by award winning AIA architect, situated amongst the trees in North La Jolla. This light, bright conveniently located 3 bedroom 2.5 bath home is amongs...
- Bldg.La Jolla International
Highly, highly upgraded unit with upgraded kitchen and bathrooms! Kitchen contains travertine flooring, granite counters, new cabinets, and equipped with stainless steel ...
- Bldg.Woodlans North
Incredible ocean views and an inviting open floor plan make this home perfect. High ceilings, lots of light, wood floors, custom travertine, granite & so much more. Well-...
This information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. You should rely on this information only to decide whether or not to further investigate a particular property. BEFORE MAKING ANY OTHER DECISION, YOU SHOULD PERSONALLY INVESTIGATE THE FACTS (e.g. square footage and lot size) with the assistance of an appropriate professional. You may use this information only to identify properties you may be interested in investigating further. All uses except for personal, non-commercial use in accordance with the foregoing purpose are prohibited. Redistribution or copying of this information, any photographs or video tours is strictly prohibited. This information is derived from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) service provided by Sandicor®. Displayed property listings may be held by a brokerage firm other than the broker and/or agent responsible for this display. The information and any photographs and video tours and the compilation from which they are derived is protected by copyright. Compilation © 2015 Sandicor®, Inc.
Free Daily Email Updates
- Automated home searches
- Favorite properties
- Email updates
- And much more…